|Cat No. PM019-0500||Size: 500 μl|
|Cat No. SP019-0600||Size: 600 μl|
The BlueAQUA Prestained Protein Ladder is a blue protein standard with 11 prestained proteins covering a wide range of molecular weights from 10 to 180 kilodalton (kDa). Proteins are covalently coupled with a blue chromophore, and two reference bands (at 25 kDa and 72 kDa respectively) are enhanced in intensity when separate d on SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE) with Tris-glycine-SDS running buffer. The BlueAQUA Prestained Protein Ladder is designed for monitoring protein s eparation during SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis, verification of Western transfer efficiency on membranes (PVDF, nylon, or nitrocellulose) and for approximating the size of proteins. The ladder is supplied in gel loading buffer and is ready to use. Do not heat, dilute, add reducing agent before loading.
Approximately 0.1~0.5 mg/ml of each protein in the buffer (20 mM Tris-phosphate, pH 7.5 at 25°C), 2 % SDS, 0.2 mM Dithiothreitol, 3.6 M Urea, and 15 % (v/v) Glycerol).
Under suggested conditions, BlueAQUA Prestained Protein Ladder resolves 11 major bands in 15% SDS-PAGE (Tris-glycine buffer) and after Western blotting to nitrocellulose membrane.
Stable for up to 2 weeks at 25°C.
Stable for up to 3 months at 4°C.
For long term storage, store at -20°C.
|BlueAQUA Prestained Protein Ladder Protocol
1. Thaw the ladder either at room temperature or at 37-40°C for a few minutes to dissolve precipitated solids. Do not boil.
2. Mix thoroughly to ensure the solution is homogeneous.
3. Load the following volumes of the ladder on SDS-PAGE gel:
|Guide for Molecular Weight Estimation (kDa)
Migration patterns of BlueAQUA Prestained Protein Ladder in different electrophoresis conditions are listed below:
1. The apparent molecular weight of each protein has been determined by calibration against an unstained protein ladder in each electrophoresis condition.
2. Supplemental data should be considered for more accurate adjustment.
All products are for research use only.
Caution: Not intended for human or animal diagnostic or therapeutic uses.