|Cat. No. PM006-0500||Size: 500 μl|
|Cat. No. SP006-0600||Size: 600 μl|
• Broad range: 10-180 kDa (Tris-glycine-SDS running buffer)
• Ready-to-use: supplied in a loading buffer for direct loading on gels
• Easy to identify: includes the ~25, ~75 kDa reference bands coupled with a green and a red dye
• Sharp bands
The BlueRAY Prestained Protein Ladder is a three-color protein standard with 10 pre-stained proteins covering a wide range molecular weights for 10 to 180 kilodalton (kDa). Proteins are covalently coupled with a blue chromophore except for two reference bands (one green and one red band at 25 kDa and 75 kDa respectively) when separated on SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE) with Tris-glycine-SDS running buffer. The BlueRAY Prestained Protein Ladder is designed for monitoring protein separated during SDS-PAGE, verification of Western transfer efficiency on membranes (PVDF, nylon or nitrocellulose) and for approximate sizing of proteins. The ladder is supplied in gel loading buffer and is ready to use. Do not heats, dilute, and add reducing agent before loading.
• Monitoring of protein migration during SDS-PAGE.
• Monitoring of protein transfer onto membranes during Western blots.
• Sizing of proteins on SDS-PAGE gels and Western blots.
Approximately 0.2~0.4 mg/ml of each protein in buffer (20 mM Trisphosphate pH 7.5 at 25°C), 2% SDS, 0.2 mM Dithiothreitol, 3.6 M Urea, and 15% (v/v) Glycerol.
The quality of the BlueRAY Prestained Protein Ladder is tested on a lot-to-lot basis to ensure consistent product quality.
Stable for up to 2 weeks at 25°C.
Stable for up to 3 months at 4°C.
For long term storage, store at -20°C.
|BlueRAY Prestained Protein Ladder Protocol|
1. Thaw the ladder either at room temperature or at 37-40°C for a few minutes to dissolve precipitated solids. Do not boil.
2. Mix thoroughly to ensure the solution is homogeneous.
3. Load the following volumes of the ladder on SDS-PAGE gel:
• 5 μl per well for mini-gels, 2.5 μl per well for blots
• 10 μl per well for large gels, 5 μl per well for blots
• Apply more for thicker (> 1.5 mm) or larger gel
|Guide for Molecular Weight Estimation (kDa)|
Migration patterns of BlueRAY Prestained Protein Ladder in different electrophoresis
conditions are listed below: